In keeping with vision for this creative and inspirational building, we wanted to also respect and protect the surrounding beauty of Cape Cod. This building is environmentally friendly.
Here are a number of our “Go Green” features:
- Roof covered with solar panels– to fulfill electric needs of building- heating, cooling and lighting
- Wind turbine
- Rain Gardens– gathering all water runoff in rain gardens to help irrigate plants in the gardens
- Electric charging stations for hybrid cars
- Native plants and plants for herbal remedies
- Efficient Thermal envelope: Walls thermal efficient- stays heated and cooled longer
- Responsible material selection: (IE: Buying from companies who re-plant trees after they cut trees, being mindful of sustainable materials, etc.
- Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) quality for clean air
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference and you have to decide what kind of a difference you want to make.” —Jane Goodall